Thursday, November 1, 2018

Angelo's: A Great Place to Un“Wine”d

Written by: Moira Solano


Angelo's: A Great Place to Un“Wine”d
Atlantic City --- Right on the corner of Fairmount Avenue in Atlantic City, you will come across an authentic, small, but filled with big hearts, Italian restaurant called, Angelo’s Fairmount Tavern. Placed in Ducktown, this eating establishment opened its doors in 1935 and has been serving the city for over 80 years---and counting! The setting is described as casual and cozy ambience. Although they display a laid back atmosphere, they provide a quick, full service with a wide variety of lunch, dinner, and dessert menus for everybody. Angelo’s serves some of the best comfort food, along with signature late-night food and happy hour drinks.


Angelo’s Family collage proudly hung on the wall.              


                                                                                                   Angelo’s menu.
On Saturday, October 27th, I had the pleasure of eating here for my Mommom’s birthday dinner. I also went with my mom and Aunt Eileen. The smell of food immediately hit me as I walked in. When we arrived at our table, we got a loaf of bread, a pitcher of water, and four glasses were brought to us in under a minute. There was Frank Sinatra’s voice filling up the restaurant, giving it that old time, authentic, Italian feel. It felt like I was transported to Italy in 1943.
We of course ordered a pitcher of wine, but not just any wine. The choice was Chianti, which is their house made wine, and it was impeccable. We also got a very flavorful salad for the table to share. This was up to par for my taste.
All four of us indulged in a variety of dishes. My mom ordered the salmon special on top of a bed of pasta with bits of crab meat mixed in. My Mommom ordered fried flounder with a side of colorful vegetables. My Aunt Eileen ordered a classic T-Bone steak, that also was one of the specials of the night, and it was drizzled in a beautiful portobello gravy. She said, “The T-Bone steak special was excellent. The portobello gravy added something special. It was delicious!” I ordered one of my favorite pasta dishes, penne alla vodka, and I got shrimp poured on top.
Everything that we ate was truly delicious! You would think we devoured every bite of it, but as you know, Italian food is very filling, so we asked for it boxed up to indulge in the following day. I didn’t make that big of a dent, but it felt like I scarfed down the whole platter.
Angelo’s has such amazing service and the atmosphere is so welcoming and warm the moment you walk in. Everyone who works there wants their guests to have a place to devour excellent Italian food and be treated like family. Their website says this simple, but positive, phrase, “Buon Appetito!” This means, “Enjoy your meal!” Believe me, us four ladies enjoyed our meals, and I have a feeling you will too when you dine at Angelo’s Fairmount Tavern.

                                                           ###
Edited by Alex Bluze



No comments:

Post a Comment